Please watch out for these common problems:
- Cannot find the app on a Mac? By default it lives in your menu bar on 10.7 and in your dock on 10.6.
- Using a proxy server? Be sure to configure 127.0.0.1 to bypass the proxy.
Some common problems with browser extensions:
- Make sure you've activated the extension by clicking its toolbar button on the desired page.
- Chrome and Safari extensions can only access pages loaded after the extension installation/update. Try reopening your tabs or restarting the browser if you have a problem with extensions.
- Safari extension does not have access to file: URLs. There is no way around it; the best solution is to use Chrome.
Otherwise, please contact support and provide the following information.
Part 1. Simple details:
- the version of your operating system
- the version of the LiveReload app
- which browsers you have tried it with
- the versions of those browsers
- the versions of installed LiveReload browser extensions, if any
- the URL you use to access your project locally
- the details of your web stack (e.g. PHP 5.3 with MAMP, or Rails+Pow, or webapp2 on Google App Engine, etc)
Part 2. Please attach the log file.
On a Mac:
On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\LiveReload\Logs\log.txt
On Windows Vista / 7:
C:\Users\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\LiveReload\Logs\log.txt
Part 3. If your problems are connection-related, please append
Part 4 (Mac only). Please attach the crash log files if the app has ever crashed. They are located here:
The file names should start with
LiveReload and end with