I suggest you ...

Better include/exclude file extension UI

I use Tin.cr for CSS/JS reloading. It does (actual) live reload via Chrome’s setContent. Tincr doen’t reload HTML so I use LiveReload for that.

I want LiveReload only reload HTML and don’t do anything on CSS and JS changes. The settings UI allows me to add an extension but not delete one, which I find quite confusing.

Wouldn’t be nice to have just one list of extensions that you can edit?

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nikita VasilyevNikita Vasilyev shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Andrey TarantsovAdminAndrey Tarantsov (Founder, LiveReload) responded  · 

This will be a part of the rules system that is being worked on for LiveReload 3. In particular, we will have global exclusion/inclusion rules in addition to per-project ones.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  · 

I stumbled across the same issue. My workaround might be of interest for you. After a Year...

You can edit the
        LiveReload.app/Contents/Resources/monitoring.plist

Simply delete all entries for the extensions, you don't want to monitor.

• Tomás GirardiTomás Girardi commented  · 

Having live JS reloading would be super-awesome (The application is already awesome)!

I'm developing JS code for a single page web application. Refreshing the page makes the app reload, which takes some seconds. So live JS reloading would be a blessing for me!

Feedback and Knowledge Base