I suggest you ...

Trigger the build manually (i.e. not on file change)

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrey TarantsovAdminAndrey Tarantsov (Founder, LiveReload) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

An ability to trigger LiveReload from the command live, would give a great opportunity for the users of, so called "External Tools", which is typical to many IDE's, like JetBrains family, CodeLite, Visual Studio, etc. It can run any bat, .cmd, .exe, etc, passing them any wanted macros for: current file name, path, extension, line number, and more, depending on particular IDE. So, anyone can use a language and framework which he prefers, for his project's automation/dev/support scripts, and triggering LiveReload from command line would be really cool feature here.

• christianchristian commented  · 

My use case would be checking out a fresh version of our project. We commit absolutely no compiled css or js files. Only the less and coffee files are downloaded. I can't tell live reload to monitor a directory that doesn't exist yet either.

Great product btw! Livereload been phenomenally more helpful compared to some other mac offerings.

• Boris PopovBoris Popov commented  · 

We use a Seaside web application framework, but all resources reside in, and are served from, a Smalltalk image by an HTTP handler. So we may be developing an application residing on (http://localhost:7777/online) which serves CSS/JS resources from (http://localhost:7777/files/js/modernizr-1.7.js), but there's nowhere on disk to watch for changes and, thus, no way for LiveReload to function as intended. If instead we could signal from within the Smalltalk environment to LiveReload that a specific resource had changed, it would close the development loop.

• Boris PopovBoris Popov commented  · 

This would be awesome for folks like myself who use custom/niche frameworks to develop web apps where content isn't on disk, but we have control over change events to kick LiveReload to trigger a reload in the browser.

Feedback and Knowledge Base