I suggest you ...

More sophisticated compile/exclude rules

I have a main style.scss file and a bunch of 'module' files in module/*.scss. There are then @import'd into the main stylesheet. The modules folder is excluded from compilation as I do not want a .css file for each module.

If I make a change to a module, I have to save both the module and the main file to force a recompile and a browser refresh. That's getting increasingly frustrating.

It would be great to be able to say 'dont create a .css file for <file>, but do recompile <file>'

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adam PopeAdam Pope shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam PopeAdam Pope commented  · 

Hi Andrey, it's been a long time since I reported this issue! I just started up a new project and started using LiveReload again and the same issue appeared.

I've narrowed down the issue (LiveReload 2.3.7).

- I have my modules in a folder called modules.
        - I dont want those scss files to have css files
        - I used the 'Folders to exclude' option to ignore all of those files
        - In that case, saving modules/foo.scss does not re-compile my main.scss file

If I remove the folder exclusion and manually untick the 'On' tickbox for each module file then the output path changes to (Imported) and saving that file re-compiles the main.scss file.

The problem with this is that we have lots of module files and are adding new ones constantly. With no way to share a configuration (that I've found) each developer has to manually remember to exclude each file.

I'd like to be able to turn off compilation for all files in a folder automatically, but retain the (Imported) re-compile behaviour.

It'd also be great to have the configuration in a file we could save in the project and share between developers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base