Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrey TarantsovAdminAndrey Tarantsov (Founder, LiveReload) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vic (not my emailaddress)Vic (not my emailaddress) commented  · 

For folks asking themselves why LiveReload Windows is not working? Its a freaking beta! But... I found out my Windows Beta 0.9.4 version works best with the older (Firefox) 2.0.5 button installed. Download it at http://download.livereload.com/2.0.5/LiveReload-2.0.5.xpi or do a search.

I do not use its compiler, but resorted to using WinLess. Also out of development, but still works great. Of course you can resort to payed solutions.

• pepepepe commented  · 

BUGGY, BUGGY and BUGGY on Windows. Also, Firefox plugin doesn't work on Firefox beta because it is not signed.
        CRAPPy AS HELL.

• HiHi commented  · 

I'M SO DONE I WAS TRYING TO INSTALL LIVE RELOAD FOR A WHOLE DAMN DAY!!! AND IT KEPED CRASHING!!! FIX THIS PEACE OF SHIT!!! LIVE RELOAD IS USELESS!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

When there is an error in my LESS files I would like to receive error message / notification.

Currently I scratch my head why my styles are not refreshing and only then I run 'lessc' from command line to receive feedback. (missing semicolon or something)

• Mathias KahlMathias Kahl commented  · 

Right now the live reload works exactly once for me before it crashes, but it also takes like 2 seconds for changes to be reflected. I hope it will improve with the first stable release. :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

@Anonymous have you actually read the previous comments? It's not working at all in Chrome you dick LOL

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

@Philip Newcomer, @andy why you said project is dead ?

Working good for me on Win7 x64, Easy PHP 13.1, Firefox 26

Admin say nothing since Oct 25, 2012; it's true...

• Philip NewcomerPhilip Newcomer commented  · 

@Josh I'm using it with XAMPP on windows. CSSrefresh uses a XMLHttpRequest to get the modification time of the CSS-files, therefore it only works in a server environment.

• JoshJosh commented  · 

Phillip,

Does CSS Refresh work with a WAMP setup? If so what's the setup?

Thanks,
        Josh

• Philip NewcomerPhilip Newcomer commented  · 

As it appears the Windows version of LiveReload is dead, I've been looking for alternatives. I've found CSSrefresh, which is a bookmarklet that only works with CSS files, but that's 99% of what I had been using LiveReload for anyway. http://cssrefresh.frebsite.nl/

• andyandy commented  · 

This project is dead ... :((

• EmmanuelEmmanuel commented  · 

This looks like a really good tool for web development. As the previous person said, it would be nice to have an idea as to when a fully working windows version will be available. At the moment I do use the LiveEdit feature in PHPStorm which works well in Chrome but there isn't an extension for firefox, so this tool will be a good bridge for the 2 major browsers.

• AndyAndy commented  · 

It had been long time last time the program updated ..... is their any date for the windows version ??

• Hendra SusantoHendra Susanto commented  · 

Awesome. I checked it on windows 8 using chrome. Work well. FF sometimes crashes. For HTML, it works wonderfully. But for PHP using Apache server, it loads about 5 seconds after saving and using PHP server is where I work mostly. The delay is kind of mood killer. For now, I'd rather press F5 than waiting 5 seconds to see it updated. But I will certainly check back to see if this feature has been improved in the future. Great stuff. Keep up the excellent work.

• matsaukeomatsaukeo commented  · 

Just wanted to say that using the JS snippet and a change to our firewall I now have this working on a non-local server, using windows, on my computer and on my android phone (using the firefox browser) - THANKS

• KarlKarl commented  · 

Totally needed. For me the reloads are not very reliable. I am forced to save twice for the updates to show. If I only save once, it only updates the previous changes not the current ones.

Best of luck with the program and I am eagerly looking forward to the final version.

• Alexander RechsteinerAlexander Rechsteiner commented  · 

Using v0.8.6.0 on Windows 8, with latest Chrome and the browser extension. Unfortunately the reloads are not very reliable. Often it will update, although sometimes not properly, and sometimes not at all. Sometimes it feels like Chrome actually does a refresh, but my changes don't show. Only refresh with F5 does the trick. I'm not quite sure if this has something to do with browser cache or Livereload itself.

I'm going to drop it for now because after a while I find myself using F5 anyway. I'm looking forward to a more reliable version for Windows. This is going to be immensely useful once it works right.

• Anonymous commented  · 

works great for me so far, thank you for effort so I won't have to write it myself. I hate having to hit F5...

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Is your app free?
        I have just downloaded it for windows and I didn't understand if it is free or not

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base